Follow by Email

Monday, October 28, 2013

End Game


I choose to believe

That there is a reason

For every inexplicable

Action, or lack thereof,

In the universe;

That by and by

We will be enlightened

To the meaning behind

Our trials and tribulations;

That in the end

It will be immeasurably

Worth the endured pain,

The shattered hearts;

That these broken steps

Are leading me to the person

I was meant to be,

The person I must become

To find true happiness,

Blissful contentment.

So I take today’s heartache

And place it in the column

Of lessons learned,

Keeping faith that I am

One more stepping stone closer

To the rewards in which I’m heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate you taking the time to read my poems and leave feedback. It is what keeps me going and has me striving to better my craft. So, thank you, thank you, thank you!