For a Moment Lost

I lost you
somewhere along the way
so sure you were
my solid ground
the north star
that wouldn't move
you took more than
a suitcase
stole my home
left me in
the shambles of a house
did I hold you too tight
not enough
or did I just mistake
affection for love
scrambling
in the dark
on shifting sand
looking for a place to stand
looking for something
left to believe in
guess forever doesn't mean
what it used to
oh, well
it'll ease soon enough
the dizziness will stop
so I can find my feet
somewhere else I'll call home
and though I ache with your loss
all aches ease
and all storms pass

In response to Poetic Bloomings

Comments

  1. "you took more than
    a suitcase
    stole my home
    left me in
    the shambles of a house
    did I hold you too tight"

    Really loved these lines especially.

    And the overall desolate reflection that found some kind of peace by the poem's end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate you taking the time to read my poems and leave feedback. It is what keeps me going and has me striving to better my craft. So, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Popular Posts