Follow by Email

Monday, January 23, 2017

Down


     Sisyphus, rising and falling

          like a metronome, the stomp, stomp,

                  stomping of my feet mirroring the thudding

                           of my well-worn heart, the one that foolishly

                                    believes each rise will be the last, that never

                                           again will I suffer the indignity of the plummet

                                                and when I pause long enough to yearn for a dream

                                                      all I can see is a weary body completely unmoving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate you taking the time to read my poems and leave feedback. It is what keeps me going and has me striving to better my craft. So, thank you, thank you, thank you!