Who Am I?

I am the granddaughter of greatness,

The daughter of strength and kindness;


I am red and black college football Saturdays,

Screaming at TVs;


I am slow Southern days,

And fast airplanes,

Adventure to pull me away,

Home to bring me back;


I'm a day dreamer,

A star gazer,

A book lover,

And a beauty seeker;


I am a grateful child of God,

Hands folded, head bowed,

As I seek grace and a relationship with the Almighty;


I am loved,

And I am love,

My heart populated and full;


I try everyday to make the world better,

To make myself better,

To bring joy and smiles,

Kindness and acceptance,

To be a safe place for others to find,

If just for a moment,

A soft space to rest;


I am a warrior,

Victoriously fighting battles

The world will never see. 


I am me:

Flawed, imperfect,

Beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts