The Passionate Choice


Mock and question

If you will

The passionate choice

I have claimed;

Twitch a shoulder

Or twirl an eye

As I follow

A heart consumed.

 

You will not

Have to lay

In my twisted sheets,

Nor taste

The dripping tears

Of lover’s lows.

 

You need not

Approve of my chance

To fly,

As I mire

In the soft grace

Of his adoring eyes

That smooth against

My skin;

The craving

That intensifies

The closer his heart

Beats to the beat of mine.

 

We’ll fight this battle

All alone

And turn a nose

At the scorn

That glints

Within your tone.

 

For this love

Weighs more

Than the most

Assured

Of victories

You place

In the middle

Of my path.

Comments

  1. Lovely poem. I feel that as long as both parties are consenting adults, love is love. Other people's attitudes are their problem.
    I created a poem from the perspective of a certain fictional character beloved by the blogging team I work with. I fear I've only sour memories of romance, myself.

    http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2014/08/l-is-for-luminous.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate you taking the time to read my poems and leave feedback. It is what keeps me going and has me striving to better my craft. So, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Popular Posts